There are a number of reasons why a video may be buffering - it could be due to a full cache, an outdated browser, a slow Internet connection, and more. If you're trying to play a course and are experiencing playback issues ("buffering"), we recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:
- Verify that your device and browser meet our General System Requirements.
- If you are unable to view and hear the video at all, it may be blocked due to your network's firewall that you are trying to watch this video on. To adjust this, the main video player - cdn.jwplayer.com -will need to be whitelisted and you should then be able to play videos.
- Try a hard refresh of the page (Windows: Ctrl + F5, Mac: Cmd + Shift + R). Sometimes simply refreshing the page does the trick!
- Run an Internet speed test. For the best viewing experience, we recommend a connection download speed to be 15 mbps or higher. Test your connection speed now
- Clear your browser cache. For step-by-step instructions on clearing your cache, click here.
- If none of the above solve the issue, check to make sure your browser is up-to-date. Running an outdated version of the browser may be causing the streaming issues.
- Here is a link to download or update Microsoft’s Edge (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48126)
- Here is a link to download or update Google’s Chrome browser (https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/)
- Here is a link to download or update Mozilla’s Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/)
- Here is a link to download or update Apple’s Safari (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416)
- Try switching to a different browser (but make sure it's the latest version!)
- Try adjusting the resolution of the video from within the course center.
- Hover your mouse over the video screen and click on the cog wheel icon
- If your video is playing in High resolution, try selecting Medium. If that doesn't help, try switching to Low.
- Try another device. If you're watching on your tablet, for instance, try watching on your laptop (and vice versa). See if another device is giving you the same issue.
If you're still having streaming issues while watching our courses, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com or via telephone at 877-518-0660.