Occasionally, after viewing courses back to back, or from simply browsing the internet, an Internet browser's cache can become full. This can significantly impact the load time for courses and can cause buffering. The best solution is to clear the browser cache and other browser data. Below you will find step by step instructions for clearing the browser cache in each of the most common browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge).
Microsoft's Internet Explorer
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history....
NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data....
- Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
Click on the settings icon that appears to the right of the address bar. In the newest versions of Chrome, this appears as three horizontal lines and in older versions will be a wrench icon .
From the menu, select Tools > Clear browsing data....
Check the following:
- Empty the cache
- Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
Select the beginning of time in the drop down box and click on the Clear browsing data button.
- Click on Tools > Clear Recent History....
- Click on the drop down box to the right of Time range to clear and select Everything. Then, click on Details and check both Cookies and Cache. Click on Clear Now.
- Click on Clear Now button.
- Select the ... icon in the top right corner of the browser window to get to the settings menu.
- In the settings menu, towards the bottom, click on Choose what to clear.
- Select Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files. After the two are marked click on clear.
Need help or more information? Please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 877-518-0660.